Re: [drinks] Comment on today's drinks discussion

"Guyton, Deborah A" <dguyton@telcordia.com> Thu, 30 July 2009 06:42 UTC

From: "Guyton, Deborah A" <dguyton@telcordia.com>
To: "'PFAUTZ, PENN L, ATTCORP'" <ppfautz@att.com>, Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@nic.at>, "drinks@ietf.org" <drinks@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 02:42:28 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [drinks] Comment on today's drinks discussion

Hi Penn,
Hopefully I can clear up one item quickly. The idea of "Registrant" is the notion that a "Registrar" who is the "holder" of the data or carrier of record, for example, might outsource the administration of that data to a "Registrant".   An analogy in today's world is that some companies do not  manage their own data in LERG but outsource to a third party.  It may be necessary to allow for an individual administrator "Joe Administrator" to be the responsible individual for administering that data - hence having a login and password (particularly for a GUI) but could be a login and password for a service provisioning interface. For data issues, you might need to resolve with a person.
If administration is done as it is today, perhaps for AT&T, Registrar = AT&T and Registrant = AT&T.
Hope that helps.
Debbie