[drinks] [IANA #802710] Last Call: <draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework-09.txt> (Session Peering Provisioning Framework (SPPF)) to Proposed Standard

"Pearl Liang via RT" <drafts-lastcall@iana.org> Tue, 20 January 2015 23:04 UTC

From: Pearl Liang via RT <drafts-lastcall@iana.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:04:27 +0000
Cc: drinks@ietf.org, drinks-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework.all@tools.ietf.org
Subject: [drinks] [IANA #802710] Last Call: <draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework-09.txt> (Session Peering Provisioning Framework (SPPF)) to Proposed Standard

(BEGIN IANA LAST CALL COMMENTS)

IESG/Authors/WG Chairs:

IANA has reviewed draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework-09.  Authors should review the comments and/or questions below.  Please report any inaccuracies and respond to any questions as soon as possible.

We received the following comments/questions from the IANA's reviewer:

IANA has questions about the requested IANA actions made by the authors in the IANA Considerations section of this document.

On approval of this document, IANA understands that there are three actions which IANA must complete.

First, in the ns registry of the IETF XML registry located at:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/

a new namespace will be registered as follows:

ID: sppf:base:1
URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:sppf:base:1
Filename: [ TBD-at-registration ]
Reference: [ RFC-to-be ]

As this document requests registration in a Specification Required registry, we will initiate the required Expert Review via a separate request. Expert review will need to be completed before your document can be approved for publication as an RFC.

Second, in the schema registry of the IETF XML registry located at:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/

a new schema will be registered as follows:

ID: sppf:1
URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:sppf:1
Filename: [ TBD-at-registration ]
Reference: [ RFC-to-be ]

As this document requests registration in a Specification Required registry, we will initiate the required Expert Review via a separate request. Expert review will need to be completed before your document can be approved for publication as an RFC.

Third, a new registry is to be created called the SPPF OrgIdType Namespaces" registry. Assignments consist of the OrgIdType namespace string and a reference for that string. The new registry is to be maintained via "RFC Required" as defined in RFC 5226.

There are initial registrations in the new registry as follows:

OrgIdType namespace string Namespace Reference
IANA Enterprise Numbers iana-en [ RFC-to-be ]

IANA QUESTION -> Where should this new registry be located? Is it a néw registry on the IANA Matrix (http://www.iana.org/protocols) or is it a subregistry of an existing registry, listed at http://www.iana.org/protocols? If it is a subregistry of an existing registry, in which registry will it be contained?

IANA understands that these three actions are the only ones required to be completed upon approval of this document.

Note:  The actions requested in this document will not be completed until the document has been approved for publication as an RFC. This message is only to confirm what actions will be performed.

Thanks,

Pearl Liang
ICANN

(END IANA LAST CALL COMMENTS)