Subject: Re: [dsfjdssdfsd] Any plans for drafts or discussions on here?
From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
To: "Dan Harkins" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:25:59 +0100
List-Id: "The dsfjdssdfsd list provides a venue for discussion of randomness in IETF protocols, for example related to updating RFC 4086." <dsfjdssdfsd.ietf.org>

In your previous mail you wrote:

>  > That seems like a strawman: who says that there is a "single source" of
>  > ideas for how to implement randomness? Three large server OSs (Linux,
>  > FreeBSD, Windows) all do it differently.
>  
>    The single source is "your OS". While there are 3 large server OSs, there
>  is no single application that can obtain randomness from all three since
>  there is no application that runs on all of them

=> I know many applications which run on these 3 OSs (and more, i.e.,
Solaris, AIX and HP-UX too if you limit to still alive OSs).
So either I didn't understand you or we are not talking about the same
thing...

>  (and my experience is
>  that a single linux application won't necessarily work from version X of
>  the OS to version Y-- hell, sometimes the source won't even compile).

=> change your application developer?

Regards

[email-masked]