[Dtls-iot] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-dice-secure-groupcomm-00.txt

Marco Tiloca <marco@sics.se> Wed, 14 October 2015 13:07 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:07:13 +0200
From: Marco Tiloca <marco@sics.se>
To: dtls-iot@ietf.org
Subject: [Dtls-iot] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-dice-secure-groupcomm-00.txt

Hello DICE,

We have submitted a new draft covering an improved adaptation of DTLS
to support secure multicast communication. This work is
explicitly related to the second task in charter-ietf-dice-01.

Following the discussions around past proposals
[I-D.keoh-dice-multicast-security-08][I-D.kumar-dice-multicast-security-00],
this draft overcomes the limitations of previous approaches by:

1) highlighting and motivating relevant use cases with secure multicast
communication;
2) protecting multicast request messages as well as related unicast
response messages;
3) providing source or group authentication of both group request
messages and group response messages;
4) avoiding any DTLS handshake to enable secure multicast communication.

We would sincerely appreciate any comment on the draft.

Best regards,
/Marco