Re: [dtn-interest] Delay tolerant networking and absolute timing

"Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov> Thu, 01 October 2009 20:23 UTC

From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>
To: "Burleigh, Scott C. (JPL-313B)[Caltech-JPL]" <scott.c.burleigh@nasa.gov>, "dtn-interest@maillists.intel-research.net" <dtn-interest@maillists.intel-research.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:23:52 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Delay tolerant networking and absolute timing

Like most things, the answer is yes and no.

For example, if you are using something like BSP PIB with certificates, you need to be in sync enough to have the certificate not be expired or to be valid (not to early, not to late).  But, that is somewhat independent of the core Bundle Protocol (RFC5050).

If you know you can never sync yours systems, you need to design your security mechanisms to handle that.

--Will