[dtn-security] BSP ciphersuites

Sebastian Domancich <sebasdoman@gmail.com> Wed, 17 March 2010 13:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:46:14 +0100
From: Sebastian Domancich <sebasdoman@gmail.com>
To: dtn-security@maillists.intel-research.net
Subject: [dtn-security] BSP ciphersuites

Dear all,

I am working on security in DTN2, to send and receive security protected
bundles. I would like to ask for a piece of help.

By setting the 20-byte symmetric key, I could send and receive hop-by-hop
integrity protected bundles, using the BAB-HMAC ciphersuite and the
"security setkey" command.

In order to use the PSB (end-to-end integrity protection) and CB
(confidentiality) ciphersuites, I read in a previous post in this list that
we need to manage the keys using the KeySteward class. I have used OpenSSL
to create the RSA public-private pairs. However, I could not figure out how
to make use of the implemented functionality. I would like to ask you:

*Is there any available code snippet where we make use of the KeySteward
class to send and receive bundles with the PSB and the CB ciphersuites?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Sebastian Domancich

Royal Institute of Technology