Re: [dtn] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-dtn-01-02: (with COMMENT)

Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com> Fri, 03 December 2021 17:03 UTC

From: Rick Taylor <rick@tropicalstormsoftware.com>
To: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
CC: "dtn-chairs@ietf.org" <dtn-chairs@ietf.org>, "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>, "Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 17:03:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [2a02:1648:4000:120:6928:cb26:cb4a:d941]
Subject: Re: [dtn] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-dtn-01-02: (with COMMENT)

Hi Benjamin,

Comments inline...

+1 - Yes good point, being an English-UK speaker I suffer from additional flowery language that confuses.  How about:

"This architecture will define a model
for the forwarding process of a Bundle Process Agent, providing an
informational reference point for further specifications."

>   * The definition of architecture and protocols in the areas of Operations,
>   Administration and Management (OAM), and Key Management
>
> (nit) I think "an architecture" is needed here.

+1 - Yes - missing an 'an'

>     Additional extensions to the Bundle Protocol, additional Security Context
>     definitions for BPSec, and new Convergence Layer adaptors will be
>     considered on a case-by-case basis by the working group.
>
> Can we say anything about what factors will go into these considerations
> (other than, presumably, WG interest)?  Will the reponsible AD need to
> be involved in the decision to undertake such work?

We currently have personal drafts for many of these subjects, and consensus in the WG to work on the topics.  The decision about which drafts will be put forward for adoption will be made by the chairs and AD, taking account of WG workload, authors availability, etc.

Would adding an extra phrase such as the following help?

 "... considered on a case-by-case basis by the working group, taking into account the interest and workload of the working group."

Thanks for the feedback!

Rick