Re: [Dyncast] [Can] Comments on the BOF

Peng Liu <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com> Wed, 21 December 2022 03:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 11:43:26 +0800
From: Peng Liu <liupengyjy@chinamobile.com>
To: 王雪伟1 <wangxuewei1@ruijie.com.cn>
Cc: can <can@ietf.org>, dyncast <dyncast@ietf.org>, "jari.arkko" <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Subject: Re: [Dyncast] [Can] Comments on the BOF

Hi Xuewei,

Thanks for your interests on this work. CAN won't put rich computing based decision algorithm in the routing layer, but considering the computing resource status will help to do the joint optimization for the traffic steering. It is better to do something in the ingress router (I think it is same with 'gateway router' you said).

There are also some differences when considering the solution or standardization. From the function or solution perspective, the coordination with upper layer might be needed. For the work of CAN, we want to position it at routing area. That is, to find out what could routing area do. The proponents have been working on this, and you can find the early reply of it in the mailing list. So I want to know your comments on that first.

For the traffic loop you mentioned, please know that CAN won't influence every routers as mentioned above. Then if the 'router B' you said refers to the egress router, I suggest to create another thread to discuss it, maybe to the co authors of draft-li-dyncast-architecture. Though CAN won't talk about the solutions at this stage, the mailing list is open for any CAN related issues.

Thanks again~
Peng

liupengyjy@chinamobile.com