Re: [earlywarning] Beijing agenda slots

"DALY, BRIAN K (ATTCINW)" <BD2985@att.com> Wed, 15 September 2010 13:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 06:48:51 -0700
From: "DALY, BRIAN K (ATTCINW)" <BD2985@att.com>
To: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
Cc: keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com, earlywarning@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] Beijing agenda slots

I respectively disagree Brian.

I believe if ATOCA desires to have applicability in wireless networks
using the layer 2 cell broadcast, then involvement through liaison of
ATIS WTSC - where the authority o citizen cell broadcast based standards
work has been ongoing for the U.S. - is essential in the requirements,
architecture and protocol development phases. Without cooperation and
fully understanding the implications of the layer 2, I cannot see how
there can even be consideration for ATOCA over such wireless networks.

As a member of this group, I think it is essential to see a liaison
established early. Although I do not see ATOCA displacing CMAS,
understanding and working together in collaboration is important.

Regards,
Brian K. Daly
AT&T Mobility Services, LLC
+1.425.580.6873