Re: [earlywarning] Finishing the Charter Text Discussions

Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net> Wed, 07 April 2010 20:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:00:04 -0400
From: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
To: ken carlberg <carlberg@g11.org.uk>, "SENNETT, DEWAYNE A (ATTCINW)" <DS2225@att.com>
Cc: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, earlywarning@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] Finishing the Charter Text Discussions

Generally, it's not a good idea for any service to impede any other service,
but we don't have to say that all the time.  Here, I think we don't have to
discuss how authority to citizen should be prioritized over citizen to
authority.  I rather suspect that an outgoing warning of an impending
typhoon is more important that an incoming kitty-in-the-tree call, but maybe
that's just me.

ATOCA may or may not be a replacement for something that exists.  Agree with
Ken, the market (and in this case, likely governments) will decide.

So I would not want to see this text in the charter.

Brian