Re: [earlywarning] Final Charter Text. Thanks!

"Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Wed, 02 June 2010 17:25 UTC

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:25:28 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>, earlywarning@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] Final Charter Text. Thanks!

Hi Keith,

thanks for your comment. A few notes inside.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 17:38:24 +0200
> Von: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
> An: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, "earlywarning@ietf.org" <earlywarning@ietf.org>
> Betreff: Re: [earlywarning] Final Charter Text. Thanks!

> Firstly a question:
>
> What does "initial" mean in the milestones?

In context of the sentences it means that it is not covered by this version of the charter (which is the first, initial charter).

> Secondly can you put some dates in the milestones, even if they are things
> like "Charter date plus 9 months".

Good point. I forgot that.
Done.

> I at least need to understand the
> proposed document sequence.
>
> I assume the approved milestones will not contain text such as:
>
> "A starting point for this work is draft-rosen-ecrit-lost-early-warning."
>
> so can you move this text to some sort of editorial gloss at the end -
> which will not appear in the final charter.

It is actually quite common to indicate the starting point, which does not mean that the work will actually be used as a WG item.

Ciao
Hannes