Re: [Atoca] ATOCA chairs - IETF process being violated?

"Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> Tue, 19 October 2010 02:30 UTC

From: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
To: "earlywarning@ietf.org" <earlywarning@ietf.org>, "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:31:56 +0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Atoca] ATOCA chairs - IETF process being violated?

Approving these drafts was a little premature.  While we have milestones for work items in our charter, we hadn't formally had the discussion about accepting these as working group items.

For now, let us pretend that these -ietf- versions of the drafts don't exist.  To help us, can we request that the authors of these drafts submit revisions of the individual drafts?

We should have a discussion about the status of these items at our meeting.  If it seems like we do want to adopt these drafts, we'll do a formal 2 week call on the list straight after the meeting.  If not, we'll have to see what we can do to kill off the -ietf- drafts.

Cheers,
Martin (and Scott), ATOCA Chairs