Re: [earlywarning] Finishing the Charter Text Discussions

Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com> Wed, 07 April 2010 20:30 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:30:26 -0400
From: Marc Linsner <mlinsner@cisco.com>
To: "DALY, BRIAN K (ATTCINW)" <BD2985@att.com>
Cc: earlywarning@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [earlywarning] Finishing the Charter Text Discussions

Brian,

>From
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-281433A1.pdf

"Wireless carriers that choose to participate"

Or
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/cmas.html

"wireless service providers that voluntarily choose to participate in CMAS"

I take that to mean wireless carriers could chose not to participate, hence
the decision to participate is driven by something other than regulatory
requirement.

It's good that ATOCA doesn't fall under the FCC rules.  The hope is that a
ATOCA solution would be far more functional than any regulatory requirement.

-Marc-