Re: [EAT] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Rats] Attestation BoF charter updates?

Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr> Mon, 15 October 2018 13:04 UTC

To: "eat@ietf.org" <eat@ietf.org>
From: Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:04:35 +0200
Subject: Re: [EAT] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Rats] Attestation BoF charter updates?

Hello Jeremy,

In your reply, you have deleted many of my sentences, in particular you
have deleted:

    The simplest cases should also be part of the framework.

I don't deny that complex cases may need to be taken into consideration,
but simple cases should also be taken into consideration.

You wrote:

    having the entity creator/manufacturer provide a set of claims which
    can be verified is more flexible than requiring a certificate.

May be it might be "more flexible", but certainly more complex to check.
The provenance of the device is not the most important information to get.
The most important information to get is a guarantee of the support of a
set of required functions and features.

Denis