[Ecrit] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-21: (with COMMENT)

"Mirja Kuehlewind" <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Tue, 17 January 2017 14:00 UTC

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 06:00:25 -0800
Cc: ecrit@ietf.org, allison.mankin@gmail.com, draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash@ietf.org, ecrit-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [Ecrit] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-21: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-21: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash/

COMMENT:

A few comments:
- "Migration of the three architectural models to next-generation
(all-IP)" could be an own section
- Shouldn't this last part of section 6 ("If new data blocks are
needed...") go into I-D.ietf-ecrit-ecall?
- There is a lot of redunancy within this document but also compared to
I-D.ietf-ecrit-ecall (mainly section 8, some parts of 9, and 10). Is
there no better way to handle this?
- There is no action to unlock door (in section 9). I assume that's
because of the security risk of someone unlocking doors remotely. If
that's the case I would also remove this from the example list used
previously in the doc several times. Maybe instead discuss this case in
the security considerations?
- Does it really need a Lamp State Registry? What additional states could
come up in future beside 'on', 'off', and 'flash'? And even is there are
additional states, will that change dynamically enough to have an own
registry?