Re: [Ecrit] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Fri, 27 September 2013 18:49 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 21:48:42 +0300
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@bell-labs.com>
Cc: marc.linsner@cisco.com, "ecrit@ietf.org" <ecrit@ietf.org>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ecrit-psap-callback-10

Hi Vijay,

I updated the draft to take your remarks into account.

I liked the security requirements text to the security threats section,
as you suggested.

I believe you have a point regarding the remark about the security
solution. The current description focuses on the PSAP but not on the UA.
I assumed that we essentially inherit the functionality from the
PhoneBCP document but that should be expressed somewhere.

So, I added the following section to the draft:

----

    The approach for dealing with implementing the security requirements
    described in Section 5.2 can be differentiated between the behavior
    applied by the UA and by SIP proxies.  A UA that has made an
    emergency call will keep state information so that it can recognize
    and accepted a callback from the PSAP if it occurs within a
    reasonable time after an emergency call was placed, as described in
    Section 13 of [RFC6443].  Since UA considerations are described
    already in [RFC6443] as well as in [RFC6881] the rest of this section
    focuses on the behavior of SIP proxies.

-----

What do you think about that addition? Do you think it addresses your
concern?

Ciao
Hannes