[Ecrit] Editorial issues in similar-location-13

Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org> Fri, 26 November 2021 14:00 UTC

From: Randall Gellens <rg+ietf@randy.pensive.org>
To: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, ecrit@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 06:00:00 -0800
Subject: [Ecrit] Editorial issues in similar-location-13

(1) This wouldn't be worth a revision by itself, but I think we need a
rev for item (2) so we may as well fix this also: In Section 3, the
sixth paragraph starts "Since [RFC5222] currently does not have a way".
The "currently" is awkward since an RFC is immutable. Consider rewording
by either dropping the "currently" (making the text "Since [RFC5222]
does not have a way") or changing "[RFC5222]" to "LoST" (making the text
"Since LoST currently does not have a way").

(2) I think this should be fixed before we go to IETF Last Call: There
are a few examples in Section 3 that were the focus of emails from
several people requesting a comma before the city name. These examples
have been changed to use a fictitious city but is still lack the comma.
I think these should be fixed before IETF LC since this is a point of
confusion. The text in question:

    Input address: 6000 15th Avenue Leets, WA US

    Complete Location: 6000 15th Avenue Northwest Leets, WA 98105 US

    Input address: 6000 15th Avenue North Leets, WA US

    Similar address #1: 6000 15th Avenue Northwest Leets, WA 98107 US

    Similar address #2: 6000 15th Avenue Northeast Leets, WA 98105 US

These should all have a comma inserted before "Leets".

(3) Since I think we have to fix (2), we may as well fix this also: In
the 7th line of the paragraph with first line:

    As another example of the use of <similarLocation>, consider the

There is a  missing space after a comma in the 13th paragraph of Section
3:

    have resulted in a uniquely identifiable location,the server can

(4) Same as item (1), the "[RFC5222] currently" wording appears in the
10th line of the paragraph starting:

    As another example of the use of <similarLocation>, consider the

(5) The 14th paragraph of Section 3 is:

    To show this, suppose that a slightly modified version of the above
    address is sent within a Lost <findService request>:

Please move the close angle bracket to be after "findService" rather
than "request".

--Randall