Re: [edu-discuss] IETF for university students

Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com> Thu, 14 September 2017 23:45 UTC

From: Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:49:21 -0700
Cc: edu-discuss@ietf.org, cowieson@isoc.org
To: Lee Howard <Lee@asgard.org>
Subject: Re: [edu-discuss] IETF for university students

I think this is a great idea and I would very much like to see this initiative succeed. Also happy to help as needed.

This might already be a part of your plan, but I would love for the information flow to be bi-directional, i.e. I think the IETF could benefit from getting input from this new generation of enginners, for example:

- What is the best way to get information to them, how do they best learn?
- What kind of tools are they using to collaborate online?

Basically, as essential is it is for us to provide an introduction to the complicated ways of the IETF — and it’s absolutely necessary — I think it’s also very important for the IETF (or at least the EDU team) to evolve in order to meet the learning and collaboration style of the incoming generation of engineers.

Alexa