Re: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-battery-mib-12.txt

Juergen Quittek <Quittek@neclab.eu> Fri, 07 March 2014 10:22 UTC

From: Juergen Quittek <Quittek@neclab.eu>
To: "eman@ietf.org" <eman@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:22:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.1.2.165]
Subject: Re: [eman] I-D Action: draft-ietf-eman-battery-mib-12.txt

Dear all,
This update addresses the comments received during WGLC.
Below please find a list of changes compared to version -11.
If there are no problems with the way that issues raised
during WGLC have been addressed, then work on this draft
is done and we can request publication.
Cheers,
    Juergen

List of changes since version -11:

1. editorial changes improving readability, fixing a typo

2. Types of charge and capacity objects
In Version -09 we changed the type of object batteryActualCharge
from Unsigned32 to Unsigned64TC in order to batteries with
large capacity. This was fine, but there are other objects dealing
with the same issue:
- batteryDesignCapacity
- batteryActualCapacity
- batteryAlarmLowCharge
- batteryAlarmLowCapacity
They all are defined in units of milliampere hours.
The new version uses Unsigned64TC for all these objects.

3.  Compliance with ACPI
ACPI uses two objects for identifying a battery: model no. and serial no.
The Battery MIB has just one object, the batteryIdentifier.
We added text to the DESCRIPTION clause of object batteryIdentifier
About how to embed the two ACPI objects into the single object.

4. Limiting notification rates
For two notification we did not have rate limitations, the
batteryTemperatureNotification and the batteryAgingNotification.
We added text on this to the respective DESCRIPTION clauses and

5. Relaxing rate limitations
For notifications  batteryLowNotification and  batteryCritical Notification
we had rate limitations in place, but these were too strict in some cases.
We relaxed them adding text to the respective DESCRIPTION clauses.