[Emu] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-05: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 18 August 2021 00:51 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob@ietf.org, emu-chairs@ietf.org, emu@ietf.org, joe@salowey.net, joe@salowey.net
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 17:51:21 -0700
Subject: [Emu] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-05: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-noob/

COMMENT:

Thanks for the many updates to address my Discuss and Comment points.

Just a few final thoughts from reading the diff from -04 to -05:

Section 5.6

It's interesting to see the eap-noob.arpa registration lose discussion about
who should care and why (i.e., the list from RFC 6761).  I guess I see how
it's not specifically required by 6761 itself, but it seemed useful to think
about.

Section 7.2

The first and second paragraphs both start with the same sentence, which makes
me suspect that there are some editing remnants left.

Section 7.7

Many thanks for adding this treatment of channel binding.  The actual
properties provided are weaker than I'd like, but attempting to diverge from
RFC 6677 in this document seems unlikely to actually be useful, so I'll have
to accept what is possible.