RE: [Entmib] FW: [psg.com #330] AutoReply: Notification Varbinds

"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com> Sun, 15 February 2004 19:24 UTC

From: Sharon Chisholm <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>
To: entmib@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Entmib] FW: [psg.com #330] AutoReply: Notification Varbinds
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:22:02 -0500
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

The following is the proposed resolution to entstate-330. The issue
will be considered closed pending the proposed edit being done.

[Note: I'm trying to answer the question without enforcing a particular
operational model on the management application. I don't think this is the
right place to do that.]

In the description to entStateOperDisabled add the following text

"The entStateAdmin and entStateAlarm varbinds may be examined to find out
additional information on the administrative state at the time of the
operation state change as well to find out whether there were any known
alarms against the entity at that time that may explain why the physical
entity has become operationally disabled. "

In the description to entStateOperEnabled add the following text

"The entStateAdmin and entStateAlarm varbinds may be examined to find out
additional information on the administrative state at the time of the
operation state change as well to find out whether there were any known
alarms against the entity at that time that may have affect on the physical
entity's ability to stay operationally enabled."

Sharon

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:53:02PM -0500, Sharon Chisholm wrote:
> The following is the proposed resolution to entstate-330. The issue
> will be considered closed pending the proposed edit being done.
>
> In the description to entStateOperEnabled and entStateOperDisabled add
> the following text
>
> "The entStateAdmin and entStateAlarm varbinds may examined to find out
> additional information on the administrative state at the time of the
> operation state change as well to find out whether there were any
> known alarms against the entity at that time."

The text is OK and does not hurt, but you did not answer my question.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany