RE: [Entmib] #322 - Textual Convention Names (Prefix)

"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com> Thu, 25 March 2004 17:24 UTC

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>
To: entmib@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Entmib] #322 - Textual Convention Names (Prefix)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:21:32 -0500
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

hi

I don't remember anyone objecting to Bert's Post:

"In general, when a TC is clearly generic, then using the most
intuitive and generic name makes sense. In most cases, such a TC would
be better specified in a generic/independent document
(or at least a separate MIB module).

As soon as a TC is specific to some technology or to some WG, then
prefixing it with the wg or technology-specific acronym is the way to
go."

Are you suggesting this doesn't reflect working group consensus? This is
what I referred to as the consensus, not the following bit that was
preference with "I think". If it wasn't clear enough that I was expressing
my opinion at that point and not my assessment of working group consensus,
then I can certainly prefix all personal opinions with "personal" like I did
in a recent email and all the others with 'editor'.

Sharon