RE: [Entmib] RE: [psg.com #307] AutoReply: 'notSupported' is sema ntically wrong

"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortelnetworks.com> Sun, 15 February 2004 21:42 UTC

From: Sharon Chisholm <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>
To: entmib@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Entmib] RE: [psg.com #307] AutoReply: 'notSupported' is sema ntically wrong
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:39:28 -0500
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

The following is the proposed resolution to entstate-307. The issue will be
considered closed pending the proposed edit being done.

[Note, we've gotten rid of the enumeration 'notReportable' in favour of more
standard ones. The descriptive text, as far as I can see, aligns with what
we all seem to be agreeing this enumeration means]

Replace the enumeration 'notSupported' with 'unavailable' in each of the TCs
and any references within the text.

For each of the (TC, object definition) pairs, move the following sort of
text from the object definition to the textual convention:

"A value
of 'unavailable' means that this resource is unable to report [this] state."

Modifications include
 section 3.1, pp 3
 section 3.4
 TC AdminState
 TC OperState
 TC UsageState
 TC AlarmStatus
 TC StandbyStatus
 Object entStateAdmin
 Object entStateOper
 Object entStateUsage
 Object entStateAlarm
 Object entStateStandby

Sharon

No, no, no - get rid of the "not reportable" terminology!