RE: [Entmib] #322 - Textual Convention Names (Prefix)

"David T. Perkins" <dperkins@dsperkins.com> Thu, 25 March 2004 18:00 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:55:36 -0800
To: Sharon Chisholm <schishol@nortelnetworks.com>, entmib@ietf.org
From: "David T. Perkins" <dperkins@dsperkins.com>
Subject: RE: [Entmib] #322 - Textual Convention Names (Prefix)
Sender: entmib-admin@ietf.org

HI,

I don't think that you would find anyone that has knowledge and experience
in the SMI to disagree with the below quote from Bert. However, many of
us would have problems with classifying the TCs in the ent-phys-state
MIB document as generic.

And by the way, if anyone who has not yet read X.731, X.721, and X.732
(yes, you really need all 3) and could not get a copy, sent me private
email and I'll help you get a copy.

Regards,
/david t. perkins