RE: [Entmib] To meet or not to meet?

"David B Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Mon, 19 July 2004 18:29 UTC

From: "David B Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: "'Faye Ly'" <faye@pedestalnetworks.com>, "'Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)'" <dromasca@avaya.com>, "'Margaret Wasserman'" <margaret@thingmagic.com>, <entmib@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Entmib] To meet or not to meet?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:09:47 -0400
Sender: entmib-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

In Minneapolis, it was decided that this could not become a WG item unless
progress was made on existing WG items. Are we ready to move the State mib
forward, or should we drop it? What remains to be done before submitting
this to the IESG?

If work has not progressed, then the State MIB should be killed, as per
agreement reached in Minneapolis (is anybody implementing this mib?).

If the WG does still want the State mib to advance, then maybe the WG should
meet and hammer out the final draft so it can stop being a bottleneck. Not
having a meeting doesn't help get the work done.

I support accepting the manufacturing date mib as a WG item as well, after
resolving the State MIB progress, and the WG could discuss any needed
changes to the details of this mib to make it acceptable as a WG item if
there was a WG meeting.

An interim meeting might be better for focused work, but I suspect that
without a regular meeting an interim meeting won't be permitted.

So I recommend that there be a **working** group meeting in San Diego to
make some real progress on these two mibs.

dbh