Re: [eppext] Recharter Milestones discussion

Declan Ma <madi@zdns.cn> Wed, 09 December 2015 14:58 UTC

From: Declan Ma <madi@zdns.cn>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:57:30 +0800
To: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
Cc: Linlin Zhou <zhoulinlin@cnnic.cn>, eppext <eppext@ietf.org>, Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl>
Subject: Re: [eppext] Recharter Milestones discussion

> 在 2015年12月9日,00:36,Gould, James <JGould@verisign.com> 写道:
>
> The proposal is to move draft-gould-eppext-verificationcode as a standards track WG document to define the locality verification framework, and to include draft-xie-eppext-nv-mapping as a concrete informational draft applicable to China.  This way the framework can be discussed along with a concrete implementation of the framework.

I think the framework offered by your draft is brilliant and is shedding lights on the R&D work in my team. I support it adopted as WG item.

Besides, many registry operators in China, enlightened by your draft, are working on their implementations of verification mechanisms.

> Do you have feedback on the contents of draft-xie-eppext-nv-mapping?

I also appreciate the innovation of nv draft.

Granted, my concern is that using EPP to transport verification materials, pictures for instance, changes the light-weight EPP operation practice.

Di,