Re: [eppext] Request for EPPEXT Meeting at IETF 91

"Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com> Fri, 12 September 2014 14:56 UTC

From: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
To: "eppext@ietf.org" <eppext@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:56:49 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.173.152.4]
Subject: Re: [eppext] Request for EPPEXT Meeting at IETF 91

I sent the following request over a month ago and now there is only 2 weeks left to meet the cut-off date for a Working Group meeting.  Could our chairs step up and arrange a meeting?  Based on what is on the WG charter, we have the following remaining work:

  1.  Progress draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase and draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd - There is one planned change that has been discussed on the list and that will be incorporated into an updated draft.  The hope is that both drafts will be complete and ready for WG last call, but if not we can use the meeting to discuss any open items that remain.
  2.  Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay open items discussed on the list to progress a new version of the draft.  As a reminder, the two options discussed included structuring it as an object extension or as a command-response extension.  This is a good general topic on when to use a protocol extension, object extension, or a command-response extension for a draft that is in our charter.  I described structuring draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay as either a command-response extension or an object extension in the http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eppext/current/msg00073.html posting.
  3.  Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap open items discussed on the list.  I raised a list of open questions in the http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eppext/current/msg00115.html posting.  I provided a proposal to address my concern in the http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/eppext/current/msg00072.html posting.  I believe that it will require discussing the IDN registration flows supported by the various registries and how draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap can support them.  We have our own custom IDN Language Tag EPP Extension ( http://www.verisigninc.com/assets/epp-sdk/verisign_epp-extension_idn-lang_v00.html ) that I would like to eventually replace with draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap, but draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap does not currently support the interface needed.  I believe we can come to an agreement after discussing the options.

I want this WG to be successful in completing its charter, but we must have active participation on the list and we need to meet to make progress on closing out our remaining work.  I will provide support in making this happen.

Thanks,

—

JG

[cid:77031CC3-BE7A-4188-A95F-D23115A30A4D@vcorp.ad.vrsn.com]