Re: [eppext] moving documents along

"Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com> Wed, 21 January 2015 16:18 UTC

From: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>
To: James Galvin <galvin@elistx.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:18:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.173.152.4]
Cc: eppext <eppext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [eppext] moving documents along

Jim,

My feedback is included below.

—

JG

[cid:77031CC3-BE7A-4188-A95F-D23115A30A4D@vcorp.ad.vrsn.com]

James Gould
Distinguished Engineer
jgould@Verisign.com

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

VerisignInc.com<http://VerisignInc.com>

On Jan 21, 2015, at 10:39 AM, James Galvin <galvin@elistx.com<mailto:galvin@elistx.com>> wrote:

Speaking as Chair, I want to bring folks up to date on where I believe we are.  Please do speak up if you disagree or have any corrections.

We have 5 documents in our working group.

1. draft-ietf-eppext-reg-10 Extension Registry for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol

If you've been tracking the status updates from the RFC Editor on the list then you know this document is close to publication as an RFC. Scott Hollenbeck has been doing his part to move this along.  There is no action for the working group at this time.

2. draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap-02 Internationalized Domain Name Mapping Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

There has been very little discussion on the mailing list about this document.  Andrew Sullivan posted some extensive comments to which there has been limited response.

It's tough to declare consensus with so little discussion.  It would be helpful if folks would review the document and comments and post at least a "no objection".

My objections of not having a mechanism or standard for a client to know what to pass for the table identifier  (<idn:table>) is being addressed by creating a separate EPP Mapping called the IDN Table EPP Mapping.  We have a version of the IDN Table EPP Mapping that is pretty far along and is hopefully close to posting as a 00 draft.  Our goal would be to include the IDN Table EPP Mapping in a re-charting of the working group.  With that in mind, I have “no objection” to moving forward with the Internationalized Domain Name Mapping Extension.

3. draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay-01 Relay Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol

There has been lively discussion here and we appear to have a difference of opinion on a technical point.  We very much need to hear from other folks.  Please review the thread and let everyone know what you think.

Yes, I encourage others to weigh in on this to break the difference in opinion.

4. draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase-02 Launch Phase Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

I believe we're close to consensus on this document.  There's been some discussion but nothing too contentious as far as I can see.  I'm expecting Jim Gould to submit a revised document in the not too distant future and we'll review where we are at that time.

I am in the process of revising the draft to add the “Trademark Check Form”, to update the text in the "Claims Check Form" and the "Claims Create Form”, as discussed on the list.   I am including the Implementation Status section as well to address the action item from the IETF-91 WG Meeting.  It would be great to receive additional input for the Implementation Status section, so please reply to my list message publicly or privately to be included in draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase-03.

5. draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd-00 Mark and Signed Mark Objects Mapping

This document has expired and is waiting for the author to resubmit. There was one change proposed on the mailing list last year that needs to be incorporated in the revision.

At one time there was concern about the relationship between this document and the launchphase document but I don't believe that concern exists any more.

I suppose it's fair to ask if the working group is still interested in publishing this document.  If so, I'll press Gustavo to submit a revised document and we can review where we are at that time.

I would like this document to move forward along with draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase.  I provided Gustavo privately my Implementation Status input for inclusion in draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd.  I encourage others to do the same.

Comments and corrections are welcome!

Jim