[ESDS] Minneapolis BOF update and next steps

Ali Rezafard <arezafar@ca.afilias.info> Mon, 03 November 2008 15:25 UTC

From: Ali Rezafard <arezafar@ca.afilias.info>
To: esds@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:24:58 -0500
Subject: [ESDS] Minneapolis BOF update and next steps
Sender: esds-bounces@ietf.org

Dear ESDS members,

It has been recommended to us not to hold our BOF at the coming
November 2008 IETF gathering. We need to demonstrate significant
progress in identifying and addressing challenges in our problem
domain. The IETF process gives best results when there is a
constituency of participating members. So we encourage you to comment
on the posts and share your thoughts, Discovery Service is still
taking shape and any questions/comments would have an influence on the
outcome.

Our current next steps for the community are to refine the ESDS
problem statement with the goal of making it more generically useful
and applicable to a larger domain of applicability than only the
supply chain.

The second step would be to write a whitepaper on combining ESDS with
documents from BRIDGE WP02 (Serial Level Lookup Service) and WP04
(Security). The whitepaper would outline a DS with integrated access
control and a robust security model.

Our community is constantly growing, three new members have joined us
in the last month. We look forward to feedback from the ESDS community
on the mailing list.

Best Regards,
Ali