[ESDS] Discovery Services Features and Functionality Survey

Ali Rezafard <arezafar@ca.afilias.info> Wed, 04 February 2009 21:54 UTC

From: Ali Rezafard <arezafar@ca.afilias.info>
To: esds@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:53:42 -0500
Subject: [ESDS] Discovery Services Features and Functionality Survey

Dear ESDS members,

As part of our collaborative efforts with EPCglobal Data Discovery JRG
to devise the best possible approach for Discovery Services (DS), we
are collecting requirements and prioritizing them, from all potential
end users of DS. EPCglobal has compiled a comprehensive survey for the
key questions and technical debates facing the end users and the
eventual EPCglobal Software Action Group that will draft the
specification.

We would like to ask for some of your time and insight to better
understand and evaluate DS design choices. The survey is an online
questionnaire divided into two main sections, the Client Perspective
and the Resource Perspective. The first section focuses on questions
relating to the Client, who is doing the act of discovery. The second
section explores the questions facing the Resource (or resource
owner), who is interested in being discoverable by authenticated and
authorized Clients.

Your answers will direct and clarify the requirements for DS and we
thank you in advance for your time and effort. At the end of the
survey we will ask for your contact information and we might contact
you to verify your email and authenticate your answers.

Here is the link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=es2mDxhMFOo0H7dWMch_2fZA_3d_3d

Please remember to use Surveymonkey's webpage navigation buttons
instead of your browser's navigation. Each of your survey answers are
saved in a local cookie when you click the "Next" button. So you could
finish the survey in multiple sessions (using the same link), as long
as you use the same browser on the same computer and have not cleared
your cookies.

The survey will conclude by February 27, 2009. Please feel free to
also discuss the questions on the ESDS mailing list.

We thank you in advance for your participation and assistance.

Best Regards,

Ali Rezafard