That time again

Frank Kastenholz <kasten@ftp.com> Tue, 19 January 1993 23:25 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1993 18:21:56 -0500
To: enet_mib@ftp.com
Subject: That time again
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Frank Kastenholz <kasten@ftp.com>

Ah, winter in New England. It's about 15 degrees outside, with the
wind gusting to about 25mph, the snow is deep on the ground, the
children are skating on the pond, playing ice hockey. The smoke rises
from the chimneys in little puffs of white. Why, it could be a Norman
Rockwell painting.

What does a New England Networker's mind turn to at this time of the
year? Why, the forthcoming IETF meeting, of course. Thoughts of San
Diego and Hawaii float through his mind.

What?!?!?! Columbus Ohio!

Reality intrudes as we realize that there will be no sitting by the
marina, drinking margaritas and watching the sailboats. Whimper.

Now that I've got your attention, as you've guessed, IETF time is
once again upon us. Do we need to meet? Our task is accomplished and
the latest version of the MIB has been published. We are in "dormant"
mode, around to deal with any problems that may come up. So, unless
someone brings up a major problem with the MIB, something that can
only be resolved by a meeting (i.e. not over the mailing list or over
coffee and danish at the IETF) I will not schedule a meeting for the
IETF.

--
Frank Kastenholz