Re: [Forwarded: RFC1398 on Ethernet-Like MIB]

Lance Sprung <sprung@sys.smc.com> Thu, 28 January 1993 01:56 UTC

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1993 20:49:43 -0500
To: kasten@ftp.com
Subject: Re: [Forwarded: RFC1398 on Ethernet-Like MIB]
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Lance Sprung <sprung@sys.smc.com>
Cc: enet_mib@ftp.com

Frank,

Thank you for the e-mail about the Ethernet-like MIB. For the past
year I have been concentrating my efforts in following the SNMP activities
and was rather unfamilar with any activities in this area (I was unaware
of the existence of a working group.  I would have been very interested
in participating).  However, I was enlightened by the release of this new
RFC.

I noticed that the chip was not included.  Since the SMC controller
is in use on a few million of our adapters (previously Western Digital),
I thought that we could possibly get our controllers added to the list.

BTW, I'm also interested in learning more about implementations of this MIB.
Can you inform me of any references?

As always, Thank you for your time.
-Lance Sprung, SMC