[Extra] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-imap4rev2-26: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 01 February 2021 15:23 UTC

From: =?utf-8?q?=C3=89ric_Vyncke_via_Datatracker?= <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-extra-imap4rev2@ietf.org, extra-chairs@ietf.org, extra@ietf.org, brong@fastmailteam.com
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 07:23:44 -0800
Subject: [Extra] =?utf-8?q?=C3=89ric_Vyncke=27s_No_Objection_on_draft-iet?= =?utf-8?q?f-extra-imap4rev2-26=3A_=28with_COMMENT=29?=

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-imap4rev2-26: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap4rev2/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. Collecting and aggregating all
the previous updates is really useful. The numerous examples are really helpful.

I must admit though that "unpublished IMAP2bis protocols" makes me wonder why
it is mentioned if not public... Also, "network connection" is kind of weird
for an Internet based on connectionless IP layer... ;-)

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated), and some nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 2.3.2 --
Why two flags associated to "junk" but only one for "phishing" ?

-- Section 8 --
This example uses LOGIN method that is not recommended on plain text connection
(see 6.2.3). Perhaps worth saying that this example works over implicit TLS or
better use a AUTH method?

== NITS ==

-- Section 4.3 --
"synchonizing literal" ?

-- Section 6.3.12 --
The example contains "Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII" while in most
email headers that I have seen, the value is in lowercase... May I assume that
case is *not* relevant (because not part of the email message but part of IMAP)
? If so, this value reads lie SHOUTING to me ;-)

-- Section 6.4.4 --
The example dates are in 1994... perhaps worth updating ?  ;-) Other examples
are in 2006