[Extra] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com> Sun, 06 January 2019 22:12 UTC

From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: extra@ietf.org, yaojk@cnnic.cn, draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc@ietf.org, Jiankang Yao <yaojk@cnnic.cn>, extra-chairs@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 14:12:58 -0800
Subject: [Extra] Eric Rescorla's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: (with COMMENT)

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc/

COMMENT:

Rich version of this review at:
https://mozphab-ietf.devsvcdev.mozaws.net/D3898

IMPORTANT
S 3.
>      copy of the generated message into the mailbox provided in the
>      subsequent argument.  The syntax and semantics of the mailbox
>      argument MUST match those of the mailbox argument to the "fileinto"
>      action specified in Section 4.1 of [RFC5228].  If the specified
>      mailbox doesn't exist, the implementation MUST file the message into
>      the user's main mailbox (e.g.  IMAP "INBOX").

This seems to sort of conflict with S 3.1.1. I assume that the logic
is: if (!exists && :create) { try_to_create() }; if (!exists) {
file_in_inbox()} else { file_in_fcc_mailbox()}, but this text isn't
celar.

COMMENTS
S 1.

>      The capability string associated with this extension is "fcc".
>
>      Each action that generates additional messages will need to specify
>      how it interfacts with :fcc.  This document specifies the interaction
>      of :fcc with the Vacation [RFC5230] and Notify [RFC5435] extensions.

Are these the only such actions?