[Extra] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Fri, 11 January 2019 18:10 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc@ietf.org, Jiankang Yao <yaojk@cnnic.cn>, extra-chairs@ietf.org, yaojk@cnnic.cn, extra@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:10:02 -0800
Subject: [Extra] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc-08: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-fcc/

COMMENT:

I am clearing my DISCUSS, since conversation seems to be going in the right
direction. I've included the DISCUSS text below for documentation purposes.

<old-discuss>
The security considerations say that this extension adds no new considerations
not already present in [RFC5228], [RFC5230], [RFC5435], and [RFC6131]. I'm not
sure that that is true.

It seems like the ability to insert a copy of message into a mailbox might have
security and/or privacy considerations. This seems analogous to the "fileinto"
action. I looked for security considerations for that in RFC 5228. All I found
was a statement that "fileinfo" can be dangerous, but no elaboration on the
nature of the danger or how it might be mitigated. So while I agree that fcc
would have similar considerations as "fileinfo", I'm not sure those
considerations have been adequately documented.  (I expect people will point me
to something I missed, or where some other analogous feature is documented, in
which case I will clear.)

</old-discuss>

§1, last paragraph (nit): Should "each action" be "each new action"?

§3.2, construction for FCC-OPTS: There is no extension point among the options,
which would seem to require any new options update this RFC. Would it be
reasonable to add one?