[Forces-protocol] Re: 01-5

avri@psg.com Sun, 24 October 2004 16:42 UTC

From: avri@psg.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:37:56 -0400
To: "Wang,Weiming" <wmwang@mail.hzic.edu.cn>
Cc: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <hormuzd.m.khosravi@intel.com>, ram.gopal@nokia.com, forces-protocol@ietf.org, hadi@znyx.com, Ligang Dong <donglg@mail.hzic.edu.cn>, Robert Haas <rha@zurich.ibm.com>
Subject: [Forces-protocol] Re: 01-5
Sender: forces-protocol-bounces@ietf.org

>> On 23 okt 2004, at 15.12, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
>>> so lets remove this from the query section
>>>
>>> -----
>>>        Editorial Note:  There is a debate on whether we should use a
>>>

>> done.
> It may be more fit to do so before we have decided it regarding this
> issue.

As i said in an earlier note, i can always put things back in.  I don't
actually remove these things on the first pass, I just comment them out
in the xml files.  and if someone complains, I can uncomment them.
Basically I am trying to find the rough consensus point - though I
freely acknowledge that I can only recommend where i think that point
is. At this point any issue that can't be resolved needs to go to the
WG and the chairs for determination of the rough consensus.  Frankly I
thought we had rough consensus on the issue.  It certainly seemed to be
reflected in the decisions being made on the text.

At this point there are only 20 hours left before I need to submit the
draft.  I have been reading the list rather faithfully and trying to
understand which issues have been resolved and which have not.  I
honestly thought this debate had been resolved.  If I make a mistake,
and i acknowledge that i do make mistakes i will roll back the text.
And since this is not the final version, anything can be changed -
especially if/when we start to get some WG community feedback.

Note: if, my editorial judgments are disturbing, and I try to make as
few as I think this group can bear, I will pass on the document to
someone else. Having said that, I think it is time to start making
decisions and bringing them to the WG who are, in point of fact, the
owners of the draft.

Anyhow, over the next 20 hours I will try to remain available as much
as possible to get a draft out that meets this team's rough consensus.

Incidentally I have now uncommented that note - i.e. it will show up
again in 01-7 unless it gets resolved between then and now.

Another point.  I have not managed to do the work necessary to activate
the issues database, but will try to do so before the IETF.  In my
opinion, it is time to start moving these disagreements from the text
into an issues database in an effort to drive this document to
completion - our milestone is March 05 - only 5 months away at this
point.

also, how many of the team will be at the meeting.  We really should
have a face to face session to resolve as many issues as possible.  I
will be arriving in DC Saturday morning (for the HIP RG  seminar) and
will remain in town until the following Saturday morning

a.