Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

" B. J. Kang " <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM> Thu, 13 September 2007 04:50 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:50:29 -0400
From: "B. J. Kang" <ttt710516@GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: ForCES Protocol Implementation Issues

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:37:58 -0400, Joel M. Halpern
<joel@stevecrocker.com> wrote:

>I can comment on a few of these items.
>
>At 07:19 AM 9/12/2007, B. J. Kang wrote:
>>I try to implement the ForCES Protocol, but i have some implementation
>>problems.
>>
>>     1.In the article
>> "draft-ietf-forces-protocol-11", Figure 8, it says that CE
>>can send a "Config FEO Adminup" message if FEs got ready. But I don't see
>>any more information about this? Can anyone show me about the detail of
>>starting a fe?

I have already seen both the article "Protocol" and "Model",but i don't see any
more information about this(FEO Adminup). I have read them and tried to
implement them about several mouths, may I lose some thing?

>>     2.In Appendix D, there are a lot of use
>> cases. But I want to clean contents
>>of a table, how can i do?
>

>If you want to reset the contents of a table,
>simply make the table (not an element of the
>table, but the table itself) the target of a SET
>operation, and provide the contents you want to
>set it to  (including a 0 length content, which will create an empty table.)

Thanks for your answer. But it is a normal solution, or a trick?

>>     3.If I use KEY_INFO to search data, then three rows are matched,what
is
>>the result about "DEL", "SET", and "GET"?all
>>are set, deleted, or only one row?
>
>KEY_INFO will always select just one entry.  It
>is an error to try to create a second entry with
>KEY_INFO that duplicates an existing entry, and
>the FE is required to detect the error and prevent the creation.

So if some collums are used as key_data, they can't be the same?

>>     4.If I want to add a new data to a table,
>> but i don't want to use index (to
>>know which row is free), how can i do?
>
>As I recall, the CE is currently required to pick
>the entry.  There was an operation that would
>just use the next free entry, and return the
>index in the results, but as I recall we removed
>that as excessive complication.  (I don't have
>time to check carefully on this, sorry.)

If I want to add a new route, I must to know which row is free. This is a funny
thing. With MySql, I can only assign the data and don't care about which
entry is free. Using the ForCES Protocol, operations with tables may be a
difficult thing? I think it is unreasonable, isn't it?

>>     5.Are there some information about routing
>> tables synchronization between
>>CE and FE? I think that it is a important issue, isn't it?
>
>The FEs controlled by a CE inherently lack the
>CE.  But not by much.  It is actually the case
>even in real world routers that the actual
>operational FIB lags the results of the routing
>calculation.  And those calculations lag the
>routing updates, which lag the causes ...  Or, to
>put it another way, such lags are considered very normal and not a problem.
>

>Yours,
>Joel M. Halpern

Thanks for everyone's help.