Re: Model Draft - miscellaneous - IANA

"tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com> Thu, 14 February 2008 14:45 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:45:46 +0100
From: "tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: Model Draft - miscellaneous - IANA
Comments: To: "Joel M. Halpern" <joel@stevecrocker.com>

Joel

Picking up just the point about IANA, I suggest, plagiarising shamelessly from
other I-Ds,

9.1.  URN Namespace Registration

   IANA is requested to register a new XML namespace, as per the
   guidelines in RFC 3688 [RFC3688].

   URI:  The URI for this namespace is
     urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:forces:lfbmodel:1.0

   Registrant Contact:  IESG {or else could be ForCES working group}

   XML: none, this is an XML namespace

9.2 LFB Class Names and LFB Class Identifiers

 IANA is requested to created a register of ForCES LFB Class Names and LFB Class
Identifiers. ....

with the existing s.9 slightly modified to follow on from the above and adding
[RFC3688] as a normative reference.

I always like to give IANA a clear simple request to act; they may be ForCES
experts, they may never have heard of it, the simpler the request is, the more
likely it is to be followed accurately.  Thus I specify 'ForCES LFB Class Names'
just in case there is another LFB (Linked Forward Bidirectionality ?) that we
have never heard of.

Tom Petch