Model terminology issue

Patrick Droz <dro@zurich.ibm.com> Thu, 23 August 2007 11:02 UTC

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:02:43 +0200
From: Patrick Droz <dro@zurich.ibm.com>
Subject: Model terminology issue

here is an extract of the minutes from the last IETF:

On the model draft the main issue is the use of the term element and
attributes. The problem is that these terms have meanings in XML. We
should not overload these terms. The input came from Tom Petch on the
mailing list. So we think we have to change all the references to both
of these components. This will also require some fixes to the protocol
draft. It is up to the chairs to make the call on that one. Both of the
drafts are supposed to be done in the very near future.

As the active chair I ask this change to be made in order not to get in
trouble with XML experts. Joel would you mind doing it?

Thanks,
Patrick

--
   Dr. Patrick Droz                  | dro@zurich.ibm.com