tcpdump forces dumper available

Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@mojatatu.com> Thu, 11 June 2009 13:46 UTC

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:46:52 -0400
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@mojatatu.com>
Subject: tcpdump forces dumper available

Hi,

motivated by Fenggen's posting - i would like to make people aware of
tcpdump changes i have that will work on ForCES messages.
My design intent is not only to display the forces messages seen on the
wire but also try to help an implementor in catching obvious bugs.

This is a very complete implementation which will go all the way to
showing validity of the different pieces of a forces message header,
handle multiple LFB selectors, all the way to recursive path data.
I still need to clean up some of the code so at the moment i am only
supplying binary format on request and after the interop i will make
a source release and incorporate into official tcpdump.

I have attached a simple mini-howto which describes the features.
If you have any questions or would like the binary contact me.

cheers,
jamal