Re: Status questions

Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com> Thu, 26 June 2008 22:56 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:56:08 -0400
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@znyx.com>
Subject: Re: Status questions
Comments: To: Aron Silverton <Aron.Silverton@Sun.COM>

Aron,

The 3 drafts {mib, protocol, model} have been since April under AD
evaluation.
In that process, some expert is appointed by the AD to review and
provide feedback. Only the Model hasnt been fully reviewed and we are
waiting to hear back. What follows the feedback is discussion/resolution
and reposting of a new draft if necessary. Hopefully that will happen
before the next meeting.
Unfortunately, the 3 drafts are inter-dependent, so any delay on one is
a delay on the other two.
Given that the publication is a big milestone, there has been design
intent (at least on my and some other folks part) to wait for the review
and ultimate publication before proceeding to new work -  hence the lack
of activity that you see on the list.

Hope that clarifies.

cheers,
jamal