Re: [ftpext] Posted Update to "draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions"

"Mark P. Peterson" <mpp@rhinosoft.com> Wed, 01 December 2010 19:02 UTC

From: "Mark P. Peterson" <mpp@rhinosoft.com>
To: Anthony Bryan <anthonybryan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:03:32 -0600
Cc: ftpext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ftpext] Posted Update to "draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions"

Hi Anthony,

> in 3.1 you have:
>
>    The 213 reply is formatted in such a way that the returned size value
>    can be machine parsed; the response MUST simply be the command
>    response followed by an integer value with no delimiters.
>
> don't you want the same in 4.1?

Yes, I modified the document (version 11).

> this seems pretty vague and open ended. is it intended to be?
>
> maybe something like this?
>
>    A successful response includes a numeric value that is the number
>    of octets available as dictated by the physical limitations of the
>    underlying storage mechanism, or a limit imposed upon
>    <pathname> or a limit imposed upon the user that issued the command.

I changed it to use your text (version 11).

> still unfixed.

Yes, I was hoping to get a little help here, a suggestion on what the FEAT response
would look like, references, and changes to the samples.

> 11) as mentioned before, CSID is not in the IANA considerations section.

I have added it to the document (version 11).

Mark P. Peterson - President
http://www.RhinoSoft.com
Voice: +1(262) 560-9627