Re: [ftpext] New Version of FTP HASH, RANG, LOCK, and HOST

"Alun Jones" <alun@texis.com> Mon, 28 January 2013 00:01 UTC

From: Alun Jones <alun@texis.com>
To: 'Anthony Bryan' <anthonybryan@gmail.com>, ftpext@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:01:25 -0800
Subject: Re: [ftpext] New Version of FTP HASH, RANG, LOCK, and HOST

After reading the RANG spec, I note that there isn't anything to state what
errors are given by RETR if the range specified is incorrect, or by STOR /
APPE if the range specified starts more than one byte after the end of the
existing file on the server (and therefore, presumably, incorrect?).

I also think that a simple "RANG" on its own should serve to clear out the
range on a request. "RANG 1 0" seems an arbitrary choice of numbers (why not
"RANG 0 -1" or "RANG 0 Inf"?).

Alun.
~~~~