[ftpext] Followup on FTPEXT2 BOF in Maastricht

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com> Wed, 08 September 2010 08:05 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:05:08 +0100
From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
To: ftpext@ietf.org
Subject: [ftpext] Followup on FTPEXT2 BOF in Maastricht

Hi,
My apologies for the late message on this. I have been swamped with my
day job lately.

After attending the BOF in Maastricht I am convinced that there is work
to be done on FTP. If the WG is formed, I am generally Ok for this group
of people to conduct business only on the mailing list (with no face to
face meetings), as some experienced IETFers are paying attention to this
work.
However, the level of BOF attendance (both in flesh and virtual) was
slightly below my comfort level. I would like to see slightly higher
participation on the mailing list, so that I can be sure that people
care about FTP extensions and are willing to do work on the mailing list.

So, if people want to form a WG, here are the next expected steps:
1). Please try to invite people who care about this work to participate
on the mailing. (Don't ask your kids and granddads to post to the
mailing list though ;-), unless they also happen to be world known FTP
experts).
If somebody is already subscribed but just being quiet, please email me
directly, telling me if you are willing to participate in this work.
Also see 2) below.

2). Propose and agree on WG charter on the mailing list. I am not going
to actively drive this work for 2 reasons:
 a) I am quite busy with my day job and other IETF responsibilities. FTP
is not at the top of my priority list at the moment.
 b) If people can't organize themselves to agree on a WG Charter, then
this is a sure sign that there is not enough interest to form a new WG.
So show me that you can self-organize

Best Regards,
Alexey

--