Re: [fun] Routing ?

Joel Jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com> Sat, 02 July 2011 18:54 UTC

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:53:51 -0700
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: fun@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [fun] Routing ?

I would be really unconvinced that a new routing protocol would be required, for that to be the case there would need to be something greatly wrong wtih the existing options.

That said...

A rational for the existence of a routing protocol, involves the interconnection of existing addressing domains, and/or the cascading of devices... strictly hierarchical assignment can deal with the later, but to what extent does that always happen.

if you presuppose the existence of a god box to which everything else is connected the need for a routing protocol is greatly diminished or eliminated, that said, that presumption also applies to enterprise lans.

joel