Re: [gaia] Heterogeneity in network capacity: growing?

Manner Jukka <jukka.manner@aalto.fi> Mon, 29 February 2016 09:11 UTC

From: Manner Jukka <jukka.manner@aalto.fi>
To: Michael Welzl <michawe@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:11:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [130.233.154.7]
Cc: "gaia@irtf.org" <gaia@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [gaia] Heterogeneity in network capacity: growing?

Hi,

I don’t have a published analysis to cite, have done similar comparisons many times in various presentations. I could run that distribution from the Netradar database for 2014 and 2015, just need to give me the X buckets where to allocate the samples.

Market analysis is a bit trickier, since measurements need to be mapped to a region somehow. IP address is one option if it can be trusted enough.

Jukka