[gaia] Next version (05) of the "alternative networks" draft

"Jose Saldana" <jsaldana@unizar.es> Tue, 26 April 2016 14:37 UTC

From: Jose Saldana <jsaldana@unizar.es>
To: 'gaia' <gaia@irtf.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 16:37:24 +0200
Cc: 'Matthew Ford' <ford@isoc.org>
Subject: [gaia] Next version (05) of the "alternative networks" draft

Hi all,

We have just uploaded a new version of the draft.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments/

There are some issues still being discussed, but we think people would like to have an updated version of the draft.

You can see the differences with respect to the previous version here:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments-04&url2=draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments-05

The structure of the document has not been substantially modified. Only the titles of Section 6.2.1.2, and some subsections of 7.3 have been changed.

Regarding the content, many paragraphs have been improved, and new references added, according to the feedback in the list and the fruitful discussion. I think the document is much better now.

A number of references have been added.

We hope we will be able to submit a new version soon, once some of the things still under discussion are agreed:

- Rural fiber: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg01290.html

- Title of Section 4.2., and some other subsections: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg01287.html

- Including DTN or not http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg01274.html

- etc.