Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-06

Joe Marcus Clarke <jclarke@cisco.com> Fri, 30 November 2012 16:41 UTC

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:41:24 -0500
From: Joe Marcus Clarke <jclarke@cisco.com>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <psaintan@cisco.com>
Cc: General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, Gonzalo Salgueiro <gsalguei@cisco.com>, Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>, draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device@tools.ietf.org, Pete Resnick <presnick@qualcomm.com>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-06

> Hi Vijay and Gonzalo,
>
> Agreed, that change in the introduction makes sense.
>
> As to FN, how about this?
>
> OLD
>    o  The device itself (e.g., the FN property might represent the
>       hostname of a computing device, the URL property might represent a
>       website that contains details on where to find documentation or
>       get further information about the device, the KEY property might
>       represent a digital certificate that was provisioned into the
>       device at the time of manufacture [IEEE.802.1AR], or a public key
>       certificate previously provisioned into the device, and the ADR,
>       GEO, and TZ properties might represent the physical address,
>       geographical location, and timezone where the device is deployed).
>
> NEW
>    o  The device itself. For example, the FN ("full name") property
>        ([RFC6250, section 2.1) might represent the hostname of a computing
>        device, the URL property might represent a website that contains
>        details on where to find documentation or get further information
>        about the device, the KEY property might represent a digital
>        certificate that was provisioned into the device at the time of
>         manufacture [IEEE.802.1AR], or a public key certificate previously
>        provisioned into the device, and the ADR, GEO, and TZ properties
>        might represent the physical address, geographical location, and
>        timezone where the device is deployed.

While I think you mean 6350 :-) I wonder do we need this reference?  We
don't do the same for ADR, GEO, and TZ below.  I don't mind the
parenthetical expansion.  Would that not be sufficient?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke, CCIE #5384,         |          |
SCJP, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, VCP        |||||      |||||