[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-14

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Fri, 03 August 2018 13:49 UTC

From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, oauth@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 06:49:43 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-14

Reviewer: Jari Arkko
Review result: Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-14
Reviewer: Jari Arkko
Review Date: 2018-08-03
IETF LC End Date: 2018-08-06
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

This specification describes a standardised protocol for requesting and
receiving security tokens from an OAuth 2.0 authorisation service.

I had no experience on OAuth previously, but the document was understandable
and as far as I could determine, had no major issues.

It was a bit more difficult to determine completeness.  Security and privacy
considerations sections were quite short, for instance, and maybe that's
justifiable given the ability to refer to prior RFCs on this subject. However,
I suspect one could say more, e.g., Section 7 says "Tokens typically carry
personal information and their usage in Token Exchange may  reveal details of
the target services being accessed", but it does not offer any advice on how
such details might be minimised. But perhaps that's already in another RFC as
well.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: