[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-12

Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 14 April 2020 00:27 UTC

From: Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 17:27:35 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-12

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-12
Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review Date: 2020-04-13
IETF LC End Date: 2020-04-15
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

  authentication from the Authentication Server. The scheme is straightforward
  and intuitive.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

Some editorial issues:
Section 1.4.1: the first paragraph is very confusing. The steps after the
figure is much clear on what to be done. It is better to delete the the
sub-phrase "... where the registrar informs the UAC about the authorization ...
". The actual step is actually the UAC sends the request to Registrar and get
the response .. as described in the steps after the Figure.

Section 2.1.2 the paragraph before the last one (Page 8), I can' parse the
sentence. What do you want to say?

"If the UAC receives a 401/407 response with multiple WWWAuthenticate/
Proxy-Authenticate header fields, providing challenges
using different authentication schemes for the same realm, the UAC
provides credentials for one or more of the schemes that it supports,
based on local policy."

Section 2.1.3: What is AOR?

cheers,
Linda Dunbar